Thursday, January 25, 2018

Va-Voom by Nancy Sheads for The Queen's Ink


Welcome back to The Queen's Inkling!

Sometimes you see an image that you just know that you have to color. That's how I felt about Va Voom by Penny Black. Every time I stopped by The Queen's Ink, I'd picked up the stamp and then put it back down. Picked it up. Put it back. For weeks. Finally, I decided that it was a sign - I needed to color this stamp. So the next time I picked it up, it went home with me.


This image has such an exuberance that it needed bright colors. Frankly, I loved the way it was colored on the stamp packaging so I just decided to go with the flow. Sometimes it's nice to just color without worrying about color schemes (although I did modify - albeit slightly - the colors of the flag). For the sentiment, I added one of the new Letter It clear stamp sets by Ranger.

So, is there an image that you absolutely have to color (but haven't yet)? Apparently there's now vacancy at the top of my list!

Supplies

Paper: Neenah Solar White #110; Mini Pack Paper for Markers by Copic; Sunshine Three by Authentique
Stamps: Va Voom by Penny Black; Celebration by Ranger
Inks: Memento in Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko; Versafine in Onyx Black by Tsukineko
Copics: E000, E00, E21, E11 (skin); Y32, Y35, Y38 (dress); B00, B02, B06 (bow); Y32, Y35, Y38, R35, R37, B00, B02, B06 (hat); W1, W3, W4 (dog); B00, B02, B06 (dog's sweater); B34, R35, R37 (scooter); W2, W4, W6 (tires)

No comments:

Post a Comment