Tuesday, May 8, 2018

'Gimme a Hand by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Inkling

These cards are so easy and fast! I always love lots of pattern, but if that’s not your style simply change to fewer prints and mix in some solid colors or go for solid colors and skip the patterns altogether.
I used dies (ovals, circles, rectangles, and small hands) and a punch (the mini envelopes), but you can hand-cut simple shapes instead. Cards can be flat front or window-style, side- or top-fold.

Use these projects as an excuse to stop by The Queen’s Ink for some new 12 x 12 papers. Mix and match with what you might already have on hand. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, stencil or stamp sheets of cardstock with all-over patterns instead of using printed designs!
Simple hands look great on their own, symbolizing friendship, love, and strength. They’re also fun with something to hold – a circle, a coin, an envelope, a ticket, a place card, a note… So many possibilities.

I stuck with simple cards, but the same concepts can be used for more elaborate cards, and can be re-sized for bookmarks, napkin rings, tags, and other items. 

I hope you’ll use these projects to kick-start a big batch of your own!

Supplies:

  • 12 x 12 heavyweight patterned cardstock
  • Dies and punches or shaped templates
  • Double-sided adhesive tape
  • “I know who my real friends are” rubber stamp (RubberMoon)
  • Ink pad in black or color of choice

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love what you have done with these hands! This die is going on my Must Have list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hand project!! All the patterns and colors really work for me!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete