Tuesday, June 19, 2018

You Got This. By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

Patti gave me the summer off from providing tutorials for the blog, but that hasn’t kept me from visiting the store and doing some shopping! And I missed doing a weekly project, so I thought I’d pop in now for some show and tell, even if I’m allegedly on vacation.
I always look at the RubberMoon display as soon as I walk through the door. How could I possibly resist the stamp with the little fellow riding a 7-legged dog? (Is it a cat in a striped shirt? Is it a spotted pup that resembles a mutt from our neighborhood? Who knows, what does it matter.) I LOVE THAT STAMP. Into the basket it went, along with the one that reads ‘Support your Friends. Obviously they need it.’ 

I also bought several embossing folders and some inks and – well, you know how important it is to support the store all year round, but especially right now when Patti’s recovering from surgery. I can’t think of a better ‘Get Well’ present than for her to rest easy, knowing we’re all doing our share.

I rushed home to make some quick and easy ATCs. Artist Trading Cards are the perfect size for this particular stamp duo! And while I was at it, I whipped up a slightly more complicated ATC with a pocket stapled to the front and a tag inside. (I added some stamped words but could have spelled them out one letter at a time using an alphabet set.)


But, like on those late-night TV commercials on cable, THERE’S MORE… I ended up with two pieces that didn’t fit the required size of an ATC and those became the focal point of a pair of cards.
No instructions today, just a bunch of photos and a supply list. I think the cards are easy and self-explanatory. 

I hope your summer is going well. Stay cool, everyone. I’ll check in again soon.

Judi

Supplies:

  • Stamps – RubberMoon
  • Black ink
  • Assorted markers and pens
  • Cardstock in white, Kraft brown, blue or other colors of choice
  • Glitter dots, hearts, and flowers (peel-offs)
  • Staples, twine
  • Optional: Word or alphabet stamps

1 comment: