Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September Art du Jour

Yesterday was my last Art du Jour at Queen's Ink for this year. I'm away next month and the store has a different format for this event in November and December. So I wanted to take time today share the details on yesterday's cards.

For my first card, I used the Skeleton Lady stamp by Stampendous. Unfortunately, it's a retired image, but it's an oldy but goody that's perfect for a Halloween card. The stamp includes the entire scene so you can pull the card top together with just a little stamping and coloring. Initially, I stamped the image with Memento but the result wasn't as crisp as I wanted. For my second attempt, I stamped with Versafine. Since Versafine is not Copic safe, I quickly covered the wet ink with clear embossing powder and heat set it. This gave a glossy appearance that enhanced the overall appearance. I scribbled (literally!) some color on the image with my markers as a color wash. I used the Antique Frames die set from Penny Black to create the deckled appearance on the edges and paired it with a paper from Authentique.

For my second card, I used the simple, but lovely Grateful stamp set by Avery Elle. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The acorns were stamped with Memento. Of course, even though there were only two acorns to color, I still managed to use six markers. The E markers were used for the acorn cap; the Y markers for the body.

Hope you enjoyed these projects. Thank you to everyone who joined me for Art du Jour this year. It's been fun getting to know everyone and I've learned a lot from each and every one of you!

Although I won't be participating in Art du Jour until January, I will still be offering monthly Copic classes at Queen's Ink. Be sure to check my teaching schedule as well as The Queen's Ink class schedule to stay informed on upcoming classes.


Paper: Neenah Solar White 110#; Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock; Nightfall Five by Authentique
Stamp: Skeleton Lady by Stampendous
Ink: Versafine in Onyx Black
Die: Antique Frames by Penny Black
Embellishments: Ranger Embossing Powder in Clear
Copics: RV63, RV66, B63, B66, Y35, E30, E33, BG000, BG01

Paper: Neenah Solar White 110#; Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock; Penny's Paper Doll Family by Graphic 45
Stamp: Grateful by Avery Elle
Ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black; Versafine in Onyx Black
Die: Zig Zag Rectangle Stackables by Lawn Fawn
Embellishments: Ranger Embossing Powder in Clear
Copics: Y21, Y26, Y28, E33, E35, E39

No comments:

Post a Comment