Friday, July 10, 2020

Copic Stamping - Together by Penny Black - by Nancy Sheads


GOOD MORNING FRIENDS!  I wanted to share a card I made recently featuring the cling stamp Together by Penny Black. Usually these stamps are colored using dye inks, watercolors or water based markers. But I like to color and stamp them using my Copic markers.


The short explanation of the technique is that I place the stamp in my Misti and color directly on the stamp with my Copic markers. I lightly misted the cardstock with Colorless Blender and then stamp the image. The Colorless Blender reactivates the ink on the stamp and leaves and impression on the paper. I explained the how-tos of this technique in a previous post so I'm going to link to it to save time.


I've found that the key to getting a clear image is using Spectrum Noir cardstock instead of X-Press It for the paper. Other paper may work, but I had Spectrum Noir in my stash. And while I used Colorless Blender to reactivate the ink, isopropyl alcohol may work as well, but I didn't test it. All Copic refills, including Colorless Blender, are hard to find right now so you may need to try isopropyl. Spritz the blender lightly on the paper - I found that the small Ranger Mini Misters were perfect for this technique. Just be sure that you are working in an area with good ventilation.

The design of the card was influenced by a card made for Penny Black by designer Jill Foster. Of course, I can't find the card now to link to it, but the idea of the blue inked background and the creating the frame from the Simple Stackers die came from her. For my background, I lightly blended from corner to corner using Distress Ink in Salty Ocean.

The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Clare and heat set with clear embossing powder.

Hope you found some inspiration. Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you again soon!

~ Nancy ~

SUPPLIES

Paper: Neenah Solar White 110#; Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock by Crafter's Companion
Stamps: Together by Penny Black; Magical Friendship by Penny Black
Dies: Simple Stackers by Penny Black; Classic Stackers by Penny Black
Inks: Versafine Clare in Nocturne by Tsukineko
Embellishments: Nuvo Embossing Powder in Crystal Clear by Tonic Studios
Copics: B12, B24, B26 (flowers); YG03, YG17 (leaves); Colorless Blender Refill

No comments:

Post a Comment