Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Paper Mosaics by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

Patti Euler’s Paper Mosaics class teaches a technique I’ve returned to again and again and again. If you missed it, give her a call and I’m sure if enough people want her to schedule another session she’ll do so! Her class project is a piece of wall art, but during my vacation I decided instead to make square note cards. Same technique, different outcome.

The cards shown here are made with her unique way of putting together a mix of papers, leafing foil, embossing powders and stamps. (I won’t share the steps because it’s her class and technique - I’m here as her student and fan showing how much fun it is to keep using what I learned!)

Options:
  • The squares on my cards measure 1” x 1” but they can be sized to suit your taste and project. 
  • Instead of square cards, line up the mosaics in longer rows for rectangular cards or make single rows for bookmarks.
  • Gift tags? Of course! Magnets? Why not!
  • Circles or diamonds instead of squares? Sure. Get out the dies instead of a ruler and craft knife...

Endless possibilities - Thanks, Patti!

No comments:

Post a Comment