Tuesday, July 2, 2019

“Carved” Magic Stamp - Part 1 By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

While I was on vacation I wanted to do some stamp carving but didn’t have tools or carving blocks, so I turned to Magic Stamp. My mantra has always been “Easy Isn’t Cheating” and there’s not much that’s easier than cutting the blocks with scissors or a simple craft knife, both of which I did have with me.
I cut a folk art-style heart, starburst, and a wonky leaf/wing shape. Then I got out some envelopes, inks, and a starfish peg stamp and started playing.

Hearts became petals and leaves, the wing shape became petals, too. The starfish made a nice flower center as well as a nice random accent. I did some random smudging with inks to add soft backgrounds.

Doodling? Of course! Out came the Pigma Micron Black and Gelly Roll White pens.

YOUR TURN: Use these samples for inspiration. Have fun! 





Supplies:
  • Magic Stamp blocks
  • Ink pads
  • Scissors or craft knife
  • Pigma Micron pens in black, assorted nib sizes (Sakura of America)
  • Gelly Roll White 10 (Sakura of America)
  • Envelopes
  • Craft sponge or ink applicator tool

No comments:

Post a Comment