Sunday, June 30, 2019

I LOVE My Traveler’s Notebook by Judi Kauffman

I did it! After resisting and resisting and giving myself all sorts of reasons why I didn’t need one, I finally splurged on a Traveler’s Company leather notebook and several different inserts, and some bands to hold the inserts in place. I now have grid-line, heavy watercolor paper, and Kraft brown booklets available at all times, along with the plain white writing paper booklet that came with the cover.
It has turned out to be a really good investment. I’m asking myself if owning something so nice can enhance creativity and I think the answer is yes. It’s like buying a really good pair of comfortable shoes that give me better balance: Worth it!

It’s sturdy and versatile and it’s been so much fun drawing, stamping and collaging onto the pages. (Is ‘collaging’ a verb? If not, let’s make it one!) I like how the cover is getting scratched from being hauled around in my purse or tote bag. It’s not meant to be kept on a shelf, it’s meant to be used - and used hard and for a long time.
I like having so many options available at my fingertips. Now I’m just wondering why I didn’t invest sooner. Yes, I used the word ‘splurge’ because this is not something that can be found at an office supply store for a dollar-ninety-nine, but life is short and I won’t ever have to buy another one because I’m sure it will last longer than I will!

So far, I  have I added:
A Shimmer Sheetz tab for the start of each insert booklet.
Stamping (lots of Magic Stamp!)
Random collage: Part of a label from a T-shirt, pieces from menus, photos and parts of a brochure from an exhibit of Sailors’ Valentines, drawings - some of them  tabbed-in between grid pages (held with sturdy torn scraps of mulberry paper for the tabs). 





In addition to the Traveler’s Notebook Cover, here’s what else I picked up from The Queen’s Ink to take with me:
  • Insert booklets
  • Zippered pouch
  • Pens (white, black, gold)
  • Glue stick
  • Roll of double-sided adhesive
  • Small scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment