Friday, October 25, 2019

Circles and Squares Card Quartet by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Inkling

While I was making the pumpkin cards (already published here on the blog) I used the same collections of RubberMoon rubber stamps and the same inks to stamp four extra 4” square pieces of copper pearlized metallic cardstock. 

Next, I used circle dies to cut into each pair, switching around the pieces in the same way that I’ve done for some mixed media tags (also published on this blog - scroll back if you missed them!). For two of the squares I added extra black ink along most of the edges.

Here are photos of the fronts and backs of the pairs, showing how I taped the pieces in place:


And here are the 5”x5” side-fold cards I made with the revised squares:

To finish things off I added Tim Holtz word stickers, angled so they radiate outward from one of the circles.

YOUR TURN
  1. Stamp abstract patterns onto cardstock.
  2. Cut the pieces into matching size shapes (squares, rectangles, tags, banners).
  3. Die cut the pieces in pairs using circles or ovals.
  4. Switch the shapes from one square to the other, tape from the back. Die cut again one or more additional times. Tape from the back after each cut. (Optional: Add ink to edges of shapes.)
  5. Make cards or tags or adhere the pieces into an art journal and keep going: Use paint, stencils, colored pencils, add more layers with torn or cut collage elements.


1 comment: