Tuesday, November 21, 2017

It’s Texture Time: Red Castle Texture Plates 1 and 2, Part 1 By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

I’ve been in love with Red Castle Texture Plate 1 and 2 stamp sheets for almost two decades. They came out in 2000 and I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve used them for my projects.

Now that these amazing full sheets of red rubber stamps are available again, exclusively at The Queen’s Ink, perhaps you’ll fall in love with them, too…

No projects today. This time I just wanted to show a variety of ways that the stamps can be combined and layered using stamps from only one sheet, or both. I created super simple backgrounds that will be cut up and used for cards, tags and collage, plus some #10 envelopes (shown in the photo at the start of this post).





Where you see fine lines in the photos above, I used the edge of an inkpad touched against the card stock to create them. Wherever you see soft colors the inks were applied with an almost-dry round craft sponge. And where there are straight edges, I used newsprint to create a mask.

I worked on small sheets of ivory cardstock as well as full 8.5” x 11” pieces of red, rust, and mustard yellow cardstock. I chose cranberry, denim, raisin, espresso and metallic gold inks.




Texture Plate 1 includes 19 stamps – 18 different 1.5” texture squares and a 1.25” x 2.25” Celtic knot rectangle. Texture Plate 2 includes 6 stamps – four different 3.25” squares, a 2” x 3” Celtic knot rectangle and a 1.25” x 3.75” diagonal stripe rectangle.

IDEAS & OPTIONS:
  • Stamp big sheets of gift wrap.
  • Stamp tags, collage papers, backgrounds for cards.
  • Make texture squares to use for paper mosaics.
  • Stamp into polymer or air-dry clay. (Red Castle stamps are VERY deep etched and perfect for clay!)
  • Consider the stamps as drawing tools and create large letters, landscapes, animals, and more.
  • Putter! (The more you stamp, experiment and play without a plan, the more ideas will pop into your head…)

REMINDER:
The remaining Red Castle inventory is quite limited, and it bears repeating: If you like something, order it right away, please, to avoid disappointment.

As of today, there are still 15 Texture Plate 1 stamp sheets available, but only half a dozen of Texture Plate 2. And when they’re gone, they’re gone forever.

SUPPLIES:


4 comments:

  1. I never knew what to do with my small textured stamps. I can hardly wait to see some projects. The stamped images above are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I will check out the stamped sheets on your website

    Ivory Sheet

    ReplyDelete
  4. This castle plate looks amazing and it had great texture to it.
    rv king sheets

    ReplyDelete