Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Laurel Burch Whiskers by Nancy Sheads for The Queen's Ink

Welcome back to The Queen's Inkling!

I'm back with a new project featuring products from Stampendous, Tim Holtz, and Lawn Fawn, all available from The Queen's Ink!

I've always loved the Laurel Burch feline images - colorful, quirky - just like most of the cats in my life. So when I saw that Stampendous released Whiskers as a stamp, I had to have it. While the image would be beautiful in all sorts of bright Copic inks, today I just didn't feel like figuring out all of those colors. 

Sometimes I'm a lazy colorist. There, I've said it.

So instead, I pulled out six shades of Distress Inks in rainbow hues to form a colorful background. I heat embossed the image, added a bit of vellum and attached a die cut "hello" cut from gold foil. And with little effort, I have a card ready to pop in the mail to brighten a friend's day.

Supplies

Paper: Neenah Solar White 110#; Bazzill Basics in Black; Arches Hot Press Watercolor Paper; Gold Foil by Bazzill
Stamp: Whiskers (Laurel Burch) by Stampendous!
Inks: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko; Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed
Embellishments: Black Detail Embossing Powder by Stampendous
Die: Scripty Hello by Lawn Fawn

No comments:

Post a Comment