Sunday, December 8, 2019

Doodling and Dogs by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

My Traveler’s Notebook was a constant companion on multiple plane trips last summer. I doodled my way to Boston and back, always drawing intricate designs with Pigma Micron pens and usually completing one or two pages during the flight (a little more than an hour).

This morning when the power went out I decided to sit by the window and use my Prismacolor pencils to add color to a few of the pages. The first of these, a heavily patterned tulip, is shown above and below.


Below is one of the pages without any color. I think I like it better without! What do you think?

My Traveler’s Notebook also acts as a scrapbook of sorts. Below is a page onto which I glued a lovely fussy-cut royal from The Queen’s Ink’s party postcard. I draw on the right side of each 2-page spread and glue things to the back of the drawing (the left side of each spread).
Another favorite thing to do in my Traveler’s Notebook: Add dog stickers from my collection!!! The black poodle is on the cover of an insert I’ve just started. The beagle and dressed up dog are old favorites I’ve been saving for ages. It’s nice to give these stickers a place where I can see and enjoy them.

SUPPLIES:
  • Traveler’s Notebook with drawing paper insert booklet
  • Pigma Micron pens in black, assorted sizes
  • Colored pencils (shown: Prismacolor)

No comments:

Post a Comment