Friday, December 27, 2019

Starry Night, Part 2 by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

After letting the papers from Starry Night, Part 1, sit on my table for a couple of days the ideas began to take shape. I cut the black watercolor paper and cranberry cardstock into pieces and die cut hand shapes from them. Then I edged the hands with a gold paint pen to create bold outlines, thin outlines, and partial shadows. I used the ‘inlay’ technique to mix and match them. Two of the hands got bracelets made with scrap strips of paper.

Then I got out two star punches and punched away, adding white paper behind the star-shaped openings. Next stop: Folded cards (some vertical with a side-fold, some horizontal with a top-fold)



Here are more photos. Do you like the one with two hands better than those with only one? I can’t decide...






I didn’t want to leave out the pieces of torn newsprint. I added some soft colors with pencils, some scraps of other cardstock, and some stitches (metallic braid)

SUPPLIES:
  • See Starry Night, Part 1
  • Add: Star punches in 2 sizes, Colored pencils, white cardstock, and glittered black and orange cardstock
  • Adhesives of choice


No comments:

Post a Comment