Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Everything Old is New Again by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

I love getting new supplies, new tools, NEW STUFF. Don’t we all? But I never tire of using my button-embellished carpenter’s tool bag - it currently holds my Traveler’s Notebook, the doodle book, a zippered bag filled with pens, a box filled with colored pencils, and a plastic bag with glue stick and a (brand new) pencil sharpener.

YOUR TURN:
Sew those buttons you’ve been collecting onto something you’ll use and enjoy! They’re not happy being jumbled together in that jar or box - they want to come out and play!!! TIP: Use multiple strands of sturdy thread and stitch ‘em well so they won’t fall off.
Another oldie: I’m still doodling in the little book with colorful inside pages that I started in 2008. I altered the cover for the first time in 2009, kept going till 2013 and started up again this year. As it says in the title: “A doodle a day keeps the doctor away”! (The lettering on the original cover only said “Artist Journal”)

YOUR TURN:
Using gel pens doodle on the covers and spine of a journal that has a dark cover.
I forgot to date the rosebud sketch so I have no idea what year I drew it. I am much better at keeping track these days because I now keep a couple of date stamps on my work table, easy to reach and always at the ready.

YOUR TURN:
Treat yourself to some colored pencils and a date stamp or two, or use number and letter stamps.

SUPPLIES:
  • Anything and everything! Head over to The Queen’s Ink or browse the web store, add new stuff to your old stuff...’Tis the season.

1 comment: