Thursday, September 19, 2019

Cutting up Magic Stamp: Zig Zags, Part I By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

Yes, I’m still cutting up blocks! It’s so easy, so fast, and so much fun. (I have a class in the planning stages so be on the lookout for details!) A single Magic Stamp block gave me two arrows, two big zig zag stamps, one small zig zag corner and a corner with petals.

The photo above shows the six stamps as well as what each one looks like when printed. I did a bit of fussy cutting and pleating to figure out ways to add dimension. There are so many possibilities for repeat patterns, scenes, flowers, and more. And I will be mixing and matching these stamps with others I’ve cut, along with rubber and clear stamps, stencils, and collage.

Zig Zags, Part II will follow as soon as I go from puttering to projects. Yes, I’ll be experimenting on envelopes and making cards, but I think I want to work on some gift wrap as well!

YOUR TURN
Cut up a Magic Stamp block (or several!) using a craft knife, scissors, or both. Keep it to simple shapes. Optional: Add fine details with cut lines and incised marks made with a fingernail, stylus, pencil or pen.

Supplies:
  • Magic Stamp block(s)
  • Craft knife
  • Scissors
  • Inks
  • Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment