Monday, September 2, 2019

TAGS, PART I By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

It was my fault. As I was edging some tags with a gold Pen-touch paint pen preparing them for a round of Found Poetry, I pressed too hard to get the paint flowing. A blob of gold appeared on a tag where it wasn’t supposed to be! Rather than toss that tag, I pressed it against another tag to see what would happen and I liked the effect so I added even more gold and kept going with more tags to create a series of random shapes that looked like the continents viewed from outer space. After the gold dried, I got out the Finetec pearlescent watercolors and added random strokes and splotches.
What’s next? I’m not sure. I’m thinking that some stenciling is in order and perhaps these tags will end up as backgrounds for Found Poetry after all.

YOUR TURN
Get out those tags you know you have around somewhere, or make a few!
Start with blobs of metallic gold paint (or copper or whatever color you prefer). Smoosh tags together to spread the paint. When the metallic paint is dry, keep going - add pearlescent paint, do some stamping or stenciling or gel printing or... What’s next for YOU?

Instead of tags, work on larger pieces of cardstock or in your art journal. Alternatively, work on small pieces (ATC-size, inchies, twinchies).

TAGS, PART II
I’ll be revealing the next incarnation of my tags in Tags, Part II, coming soon to a theater near you. Just kidding. They’ll be right here on The Queen’s Inkling.

SUPPLIES
  • Tags
  • Gold paint pen (Pen-touch, Sakura of America)
  • Pearlescent watercolors (FInetec)
  • Paintbrush
  • Anything else you want!


1 comment:

  1. These are stunning Judi!!!The colors and "blobs" of gold are so vibrant. I love them all!! Can't wait to see what you do next!!

    ReplyDelete