Thursday, September 12, 2019

Tags, Part II by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Inkling

As promised, I’ve continued to work on the tags I started a couple of weeks ago. Round two includes stamped and heat-embossed fans, sometimes arranged in a pattern and sometimes in a random manner. I chose gold and verdigris embossing powders. All but one tag is either-or. The tag at the lower left in the photo above incorporates both!

These still aren’t finished and I’m not sure what I’ll be adding: Paint, maybe a few gems, some doodling, stitching, layered-on collage (torn, cut)? More stamping (something tiny, one large abstract image?) And some sort of cord, twine, yarn or thread, of course.

This same process would be fun for art journal pages, Artist Trading Cards or Coins, card fronts, bookmarks. It’s now YOUR TURN!



Supplies:
  • Tags (pre-altered - see Tags, Part I)
  • Pigment ink
  • Embossing powders
  • Heat tool
  • Fan stamps by Nathalie Kalbach

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing Judi - I lov the texture those metallic embossing powders added - yummie!

    ReplyDelete