Thursday, April 9, 2020

Creative Puttering While Quarantined: Flower Cards, ATCs, and Bookmarks By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

One of the things that has been making me happy during this uncertain time is taking online classes and experimenting with a mix of techniques and projects. Carla Sonheim’s “Flower Crazy” mini class (FREE!) was so much fun! It inspired me to use her ideas in my own way.








The projects you see above and below are a hybrid that incorporates RubberMoon stamps by Elizabeth St. Hilaire, available at The Queen’s Ink, with markers, colored pencils, acrylic paint, Gelly Roll White and Pigma Micron Black pens. And assorted embellishments that I had on hand: Mesh, buttons, staples, stickers, twine.

Keep scrolling past the project photos and you’ll find photos showing the components I made from start to finish. I started with sheets of ready-to-print business cards (part of my stash of unused office supplies!) so when the pages were ready for cardmaking all I had to do was bend along the cut lines and the pieces separated as if I’d spent time measuring and cutting. Easy, easy, easy.

Refer to Carla Sonheim’s class for the how-to. Here are my pages of business cards from start to finish:









SUPPLIES:
  • Stamps by Elizabeth St. Hilaire (RubberMoon)
  • Ink pads in colors of choice (shown: Teal and brown)
  • Acrylic paint in white
  • Gelly Roll White 10 (Sakura)
  • Pigma Micron Black 01 and 1 (Sakura)
  • Alcohol Markers (Winsor & Newton)
  • Colored pencils
  • Adhesive
  • Cardstock in assorted colors
  • Sheets of ready-to-print business cards in white
  •  (Or white cardstock)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Your examples are fabulous!! I just used some of my business card sheets to make a "sandwich" book to use for my die cut machine. I laminated all of them and hole punched. :) I love what you did!! I might have to try this one of these days.

    ReplyDelete