Tuesday, December 28, 2010
We're so glad to be among the first stores to have TENseconds Studio's new calligraphy alphabet stamp sets. So cool! Check out their blog for ideas using these fab new stamps, then start your year out right by making a fresh project for yourself!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Hero Arts has done it again... come see for yourself. We have wood stamps, cling and clear stamps just waiting for your creative touch!
The 2011 Idea Book is also available... see what the Hero Arts designers have created to give you a springboard for your own creations.
We still have a few spots in Jenni Bowlin's Old Book Mini Scrapbook / Journal class scheduled for Tuesday, December 28th. Call us :-)
Monday, December 6, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Preparations are underway for this weekend's Magic at the Mill kick-off to the holiday season. Trees, lights, and shiny things add a festive air to your shopping experience. Visit with Santa, see a puppet show, and enjoy live music over the weekend. The complete schedule is available on Savage Mill's website.
We're also getting ready to celebrate our 10th Birthday, so check our website and watch for an email newsletter for details of special happenings coming December 4th thru 10th.
The new Stampington publications have arrived:
- Artists' Cafe
- Take Ten
- Belle Armoire Jewelry
- Sew Somerset
- Somerset Gallery
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
In other news, signups for Jane Davies' classes next week (Nov. 4th-6th) are a bit slow, so get on the phone and take the opportunity to learn collage and painting techniques from a fabulous artist who is really fun to have in the classroom.
Monday, October 25, 2010
If you're on our email list, you learned from an email sent on Saturday that Patti is out of town enjoying a few classes and out-of-store inspiration. Meanwhile, back at the store... Lolly is having a sale (through Wednesday), so come on in, bring cash or your checkbook, and save 10 percent by NOT using plastic!
Our shelves are beginning to burst with new products, many that were pre-ordered at CHA (Summer) that had staggered release dates.
Here's what has come in the last week:
- Christmas stamps from Penny Black
- New cling-mounted and wood-mounted stamps from the Tim Holtz Collection for Stampers Anonymous
- New cling-mounted stamps from Wendy Vecchi's "Studio 490 Collection" for Stampers Anonymous
- Restock of seasonal stamps from Memory Box
- T!m's Christmas texture fades and Bigz dies from Sizzix
- 12x12 and 6x6 patterned paper and coordinating embellishments and journaling cards from Webster's Pages
- Advanced Tape Glider w/ 2 tape rolls from 3M
- Acrylic stamping block sets from Apple Pie
- 12x12 patterned/double-sided paper from the "Conservatory" collection from 7 Gypsies
- Restock of book covers in four styles from 7 Gypsies
- Tim Holtz Ideaology "Configurations" in 4 sizes from Advantus
- Jenni Bowlin's new inkpads, re-inkers, and acrylic paint dabbers in 12 custom colors from Ranger
- Restock of Adirondack pigment inkpads from Ranger
- Wendy Vecchi's cling-mounted stamps from Stampers Anonymous
- New Tim Holtz Ideaology embellishments from Advantus
- New Tim Holtz cling-mounted stamps from Stampers Anonymous
- 1"x1" Stampbord tiles from Ampersand
- Restock of Micron pens from Sakura
- Tags in all sizes, both white and manila from American Tag
- Glimmer Glaze in a variety of colors from Tattered Angels
- Restock of supplies: Gel pens, adhesives, art paste
- Restock of Glossy Accents and blending tools from Ranger
- Fast and Fun Folded Cards from Annie's Attic
- Cardmaker's Sketch Book from Annie's Attic
- Cardmaker's Sketch Book - Birthday Celebration from Annie's Attic
- Interactive Cards from Annie's Attic
- Cardmaking with Cricut from Annie's Attic
- Say It With Style - Perfect Quotes for Every Cardmaking Occasion from House of White Birches
- Fabulous Folds for Cardmaking from House of White Birches
- Restock of Zentangle Basics from Design Originals
- Restock of Zentangle 3 from Design Originals
- Restock of Totally Tangled from Design Originals
- Somerset Studio (Nov/Dec 2010)
- Where Women Create (Nov/Dec/Jan 2011)
- Artful Blogging (Nov/Dec/Jan 2011)
- Art Doll Quarterly (Nov/Dec/Jan 2011)
Our November class schedule is shaping up very nicely. Amidst the hustle and stress we all experience as we prepare for upcoming holidays, don't forget to take a little time for YOURSELF. Take a look at our class descriptions, then call to reserve your spot.
Friday, September 3, 2010
Brand spanking new products from Tattered Angels.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Spanking new stuff from 7 Gypsies...
Lovely little metal charms - some with jewels set into them.
Metal binding rings - embossed with words, numbers and gems.
Gears in different finishes in the same package.
Clear stamps from their Paddington line.
Book covers, embossed.
Chipboard letters and tags that coordinate with the Paddington and Conservatory papers we received recently.
Long chains with clasps.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
We did get a large order from Hero Arts.
Lolly did some shopping when she was at Stampaway...
Some old favorites and new stamps from B Line Design.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
We received a delivery of Karen Lockhart stamps:
Haunting Witches Dresses, Haunt Couture and Pumpkin Cupcake
Friday, August 6, 2010
7 Gypsies Vintage Receipt Holder. This size is their ATC model. They also sent us two other sizes: a 2x2 section holder and a 5x2 holder where each compartment is 3x5 .
These are steampunk themed rubbings sheets.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Zentangle Basics, Zentangle 2, Zentangle 3, and Totally Tangled by Design Originals.
Tearable Tape in assorted sizes.
EcoArtBoard in 1x1, ATC and Assorted Sizes packs.
All colors in StazOn ink pads.
Art Institute Glitter.
Ranger Stickles and Enamel accents.
Guess what - UPS just came in the new products from 7 Gypsies - I'll show you those tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
A lot of hard work went into getting the store back in shape. We have been restocking old favorites and ordering new stamps, papers and embellishments for the holidays. We moved stuff all round the store.
A shout-out for their many hours of hard work goes to Jeanne, Nancy, Claudia, Laura, Terri, Chrissie and Patti's sister Kathi.
A shout-out to vendors Ten Seconds Studio, Outlines, Graphic Products and Alvin for rushing out new products to replace our damaged merchandise.
Our remnants table is overflowing with loads of stamps and embellishments that we even forgot we had! Because we need help to make way for new stuff from Tim Holtz, Ten Second Studio and Graphic 45 (just to name a few) that will be shipping starting the first week in August, all remnants table items will be 60% off until the end of July!
I was going to show more photos of the newly revamped store but you really need to come in and see it for yourself.
Friday, July 16, 2010
all the problems we had with leaks in the studio space. The roof would leak while it stormed - hours after and even days after a storm.
Well this time it wasn't the roof...
What you are looking at is what happened sometime before 8:30 a.m. last Friday morning. We heard some drip drip drip when we were leaving the store Thursday night. All the appropriate people were alerted and some even came running. We left a couple of hours later thinking things were stable.
The drip pan underneath the air conditioning unit was full of rust and water and the chains that held it in place failed.
Pretty, isn't it!
We are still cleaning. All the merchandise in this area has to be inspected, cleaned and either inventoried for damage, put on our sale table or relocated to a different area.
We have a load of stuff on sale as we continue to clean and move things around. Tim Holtz signature products and Jenni Bowlin paper goods are still on sale through Saturday.
Stay cool (yes, the air is on here!)
Thursday, July 15, 2010
The whole idea behind Christmas in July (I believe) is to enjoy some of the things we never have time for in November and December - making wonderful crafty and artsy things for the people we love.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Memory Box has released it's newest addition to the "What's in the Box?" series.
Today - the Halloween stamps.
Old Fence, Spooky Collage and Night Cat