Monday, October 17, 2011

introducing ...

Oh Hi, didn't hear you come in. My name is Honoré. I am a career-graduate (think retired) public librarian and I've been a Queen's Ink customer since circa 2004.


One of the things I like most about being a career graduate is the fact that it reminds me so much of kindergarten. Everyday I wake up - well, most days - and say to myself: "Let's see, what shall I do/play with/learn today? The options are endless; for example, I can read, art journal, knit, quilt, go to a museum, treat myself to a long, leisurely lunch alone or with friends, or take a class either online or in person at places like the Queen's Ink.

Even if there isn't a class scheduled, I might just pop in to see what's new - I just love the displays of projects, papers, stamps and other supplies - and to spend a few minutes chatting with Patti, Lolly and Janet. Many times, I am there when a new shipment arrives - magazines, new stamps or a new goodie like the new Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate Lolly profiled here - are being inventoried.

A couple times a month, I'm going to post to this blog, sharing with you tips, tidbits, insights and news about the Queen's Ink from my point of view as a customer. In my next post, I'll share with you some of the pieces I made with the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate. Yep, I bought one.

I'm looking forward to connecting with you via this blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers~
Honoré

PS. My shirt reads: Queen of Unfinished Projects. I thought it was appropriate for this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honoré! We are so happy that you purchased a Gelli plate and can't wait to see what you do with it.... More importantly, we hope you have fun exploring and creating - keep us posted and PLEASE, post some of the work or a link to your blog post on our Gelli Arts Facebook Page for our fans to see... http://www.facebook.com/GelliArts. Happy Printing!
    Nancy Kelley
    Gelli Arts

    ReplyDelete