Monday, August 21, 2017

Magic Stamp Textures by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

If you’ve got Magic Stamp blocks, a heat tool and ink you’re never going to be bored!

This week the ivy on our back fence decided to send up little branches with berries. I snipped a few pieces and brought them to my work table. A sheet of circle-shaped labels was sitting off to the side. I put the two together, got out a Magic Stamp block and my trusty heat tool, and created a stamp.


I spent an hour stamping pieces of cardstock to be used as postcards or incorporated into collage or other projects. And a dozen envelopes, just because I love decorating envelopes…


One thing led to another. I decided to add some texture to the cardstock, so I got out dimensional paints and glitter, as well as some iridescent acrylic paints.



While I was at it, I reached for one of my oldest Magic Stamp blocks. Even though you can wash, dry, re-heat to erase and then re-use the blocks, I keep my favorites. (For a long time - this one was made back in the 1990s, pressed against Mardi Gras beads, a bracelet and a tangle of rubber bands!)


I stamped and added texture to some more pieces of cardstock.






Please come on back next Tuesday, August 29, to see how I’ve combined the pieces from today’s post with the altered collage papers from last week!

SUPPLIES
  • Magic Stamp blocks
  • Heat tool
  • Low relief textures (botanicals, beads, and more)
  • Cardstock
  • Dye-based inks
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops
  • Dimensional paints
  • Iridescent paints
  • Paintbrushes

1 comment:

  1. These are so fun. I can't wait to see what projects you create using them.

    ReplyDelete