Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lynne-Velopes by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink



When I saw them on the table at The Queen’s Ink I couldn’t decide which of Lynne Perrella’s new stamp sets to take home so I got all three. The next decision – what to stamp first - was just as easy. As soon as I got home I reached into the bag and opened the first set I touched and stamped some envelopes, always one of my favorite ways to get to know new stamps.

I used only three of the four stamps in the set and mixed in two Stampstracts from RubberMoon that were already out on the table. The fourth stamp in the set was too tall for the envelopes I’d grabbed, but it’s a terrific image and will be put to use soon.


Then I retired to my easy chair to add color to some of the Lynne-Velopes (named as a shout-out to the designer who created them). I went with markers, a gold paint pen, and colored pencils. I left the rest alone. Stamped in black as shown, or navy or wine or chocolate brown, they’re elegant without any extra color.


The stamps do much of the work, each one a collage with a mix of elements combined. But together the ‘wow factor’ kicks in! I can’t wait to open the other two sets. Things will get even more interesting…


Tips:
*Do a little bit of masking if you want, or let the stamps overlap here and there; second generation images are a great way to get light gray images.

*Leave space for the postage stamp, name and address if you’re mailing the envelopes.
*Stamp anywhere and everywhere if you’re going to include the envelope in a gift box or hand-deliver it.


Why envelopes? Because they are small, inexpensive, and meant to be ephemeral. And I just love stamping them!

Care to join me?


SUPPLIES:
  • Lynne Perrella Collection from PaperArtsy - Stamp Set LPC037
  • Stamstracts from RubberMoon – Effervescent and Scribblestract
  • Black ink
  • Acrylic blocks for temporarily mounting stamps
  • Envelopes (shown: A2 in ivory)
  • Markers
  • Gold paint pen
  • Colored pencils




3 comments: