Monday, May 22, 2017

Come On Baby, Let’s Do the Twist! By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

I’m channeling my inner Chubby Checker, circa 1960, only this time it’s twist cards, not the dance from back in the day. Old rock and roll cranked up in the background and a lot of card making going on!

‘Twist’ cards are one of my favorite card constructions. They fold flat for mailing, then flip open to stand upright, revealing a double-sided center panel that swivels back and forth! I used a die, but you can find free templates with a quick online search. (Some people call them ‘flip’ cards; search for templates that way, too.)

I thought it would be fun to pull together a lot of the rubber stamps I’ve been using for my blog posts in the last few months, adding one from my collection. All stamps except for the vintage arm with hand are available at The Queen’s Ink! They are from RubberMoon, Her Majesty (The Queen’s Ink’s owner, Patti Euler), Lynne Perella (PaperArsty) and Dyan Reaveley (Ranger).



Supplies:
I chose 2-sided 12 x 12 cardstock from Ken Oliver Crafts for all of the cards, over-stamping right onto the designs in the cardstock. I also incorporated white cardstock for some of the sentiments. I cut, fussy-cut and tore the pieces to create the effects I wanted. I added just a few low-relief embellishments – Glitter Dots peel-offs, flat-backed gems, and some small white resin crowns that I found tucked away in a drawer.


Because no two people have the same stamps and papers, please use my cards to kick-start your own unique projects.

Time for a stroll through the photo gallery…












2 comments:

  1. After receiving a twist card, I am happy to see more here. They aren't too difficult, yet are more than the regular side-fold. Thanks for more ideas, Judi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like these cards! It's neat to see "Judi-style" stamping on a non-traditional card. In a way, it's almost like an optical illusion. My brain says "It's Judi" but... :)

    ReplyDelete