Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Artist Trading Coins - Laurel Burch Dog Duo By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink


My newest Laurel Burch stamp, Dog Duo, arrived the other day and I thought it would be fun to make some more Artist Trading Coins. The last batch were mixed media and abstract (scroll back to see them...), but this time I went for whimsical. And while I was at it, I stamped a bunch of envelopes.

The dogs remind me of a pair of friends or maybe a puppy with an adult dog (mom, grandma?). Like all of Laurel Burch’s stamps, this one makes me smile and I know it will get a lot of use!

Instructions:

1. Die cut a batch of 2.5” diameter circles. (Mine are mat board that was die cut on the AccuCut GrandeMARK machine. Cut, stack and glue together layers of cardstock to make thick coins if your machine won’t cut heavier board.)


2. Smudge the circles with a bit of ink in a ginger, orange, or soft brown ink. Then stamp the Dog Duo as shown.

3. Using black ink, stamp the Dog Duo again on lightweight paper and cut a mask. Stamp icons in the background in either ginger, orange, soft brown, or black. Add a word if space allows.

4. While you’re at it, stamp a batch of envelopes!


5. Color the Artist Trading Coins with colored pencils (as shown) or markers compatible with the ink used for stamping. Optional: Color the envelopes.

SUPPLIES:

  • Stamps - Dog Duo, Icons, Imagine (from Imagine Butterflies set) by Laurel Burch (Stampendous)
  • Die cut 2.5” circles
  • Black ink (VersaFine Clair)
  • Ginger, orange or soft brown ink of choice
  • Craft sponge
  • Colored pencils or markers
  • Optional: Envelopes

5 comments:

  1. Oh Judi! These are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Judi - and I LOVE the envelopes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome coins! I love trading them.
    Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must live in a cave. I've never heard of Artist Trading Coins (cards, yes). These are very cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really like these Judi. I thought the "coins" were smaller, like a poker chip. Glad to see the correct size, because I have the circle punch this size. Yea!!! Always love what you are doing and take time to share with all of us..From: White, white, and more white WI.

    ReplyDelete