Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Soda Carton Card and Tags by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

A week ago I treated myself to a 4-pack of Brownie Caramel Cream Root Beer. Yum!!! In addition to having a happy tummy (root beer floats are the best!), I kept grinning at the carton that held the sodas. 

You know where this is going...I didn’t throw it away. Instead, I cut it into pieces and made pocket cards and tags from the sides and ends. Pockets can hold a note pad, gift card or tickets to an event, a letter or a greeting card.

The stapler didn’t reach the left side of the pocket on the card so I pierced holes and tied that part with twine. All of the other edges are secured with staples.

Use this idea with parts of cereal boxes or pieces of other printed cartons that appeal to your eye. And be sure to get the kids in on the act. Up-cycling is a fun family project.


1 comment: