Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Start a New Chapter by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Inkling

I went to The Queen’s Ink last weekend to pick up some more inserts for my Traveler’s Notebook, I left with a new set of stamps (the Peacock Collection by Elizabeth St. Hilaire for RubberMoon), a little stamp with the word Muse (also RubberMoon), along with several dies and other stamps. What fun!!!
I already had the ‘Start a new chapter’ stamp (RubberMoon) and ‘Courage’ (Innovative Stamp Creations), a stamp I’ve owned for at least a couple of decades.*

Though I’m sure I’ll use it many other ways, the Peacock Collection is fabulous for backgrounds and that’s where I started. I stamped several pieces of cardstock, cut them into pieces and made four A2-size cards, shown above, and the two Artist Trading Cards and two ribbon/pennant style hanging panels (shown below).

In addition to simple stamping, cutting, and layering I added color here and there with alcohol markers and colored pencils.

YOUR TURN
  • Fill sheets of cardstock with randomly stamped Peacock Collection images using two coordinating colors (shown: Dark teal and butterscotch).
  • Cut into pieces in varying sizes.
  • Add a stamped word, phrase or sentiment.
  • Edge and smudge stamped pieces with the same inks.
  • Make ATCs, cards, or ribbon/banners.
  • Color as much or as little as you want!
  • Optional, not shown: Fussy-cut some of the shapes and use foam tape for dimension
SUPPLIES
  • Stamps: Peacock Collection by Elizabeth St. Hilaire (RubberMoon); Muse, Start a new chapter (RubberMoon); *Courage (if now discontinued, hand-letter or use die cuts)
  • Inks
  • Ink-compatible markers
  • Colored pencils
  • Cardstock
  • Round craft sponge
  • Twine
  • 1/8” hole punch
  • Optional: Cellophane sleeves for ATCs

No comments:

Post a Comment