Tuesday, March 24, 2020

More Things To Do While Quarantined by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

1. Take a photo of an object that holds meaning.*
     Print it in color or black and white.
     Glue it into your art journal or traveler’s notebook.
     Add journaling:
     How did you get the object? 
     Why does it hold meaning for you?

2. Cut a photo or illustration out of a magazine or damaged book.
     Glue it into your art journal or TN.
     Add journaling.

3. Make a drawing or collage that expresses how you’re feeling right now.
     Work directly in your journal or TN, or on a nice big sheet of sturdy paper.
     Add journaling.

Oh, you don’t have an art journal or traveler’s notebook yet? What are you waiting for! This is the perfect time to start one! (Like other businesses, The Queen’s Ink has had to close its doors for who knows how long, but Patti will ship you whatever you need or you can pick up your purchases at the door to the store or out in front if you prefer not to leave your car. Also: Please support the store by purchasing gift certificates now to use later.)

*The pencil box was my late father’s from his days at the University of Cincinnati (1930s into early 1940s). I keep it propped against the wall on a shelf in my studio. Interesting to notice that the three colors most worn down are three of my favorites: Raspberry, yellow/orange and dark teal green. The tape covering the bottom of the box is translucent enough for me to read the lettering and see that they’re watercolor pencils. I think while I’m quarantined would be a good time to test them out. It’ll bring my dad into my studio in a new way.

4 comments:

  1. What a great picture. I'm sure it generates so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great memory to hold close to your heart!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! And what a precious object to photograph. ♥️

    ReplyDelete