Friday, March 27, 2020

Stay Well by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

During stressful times it’s a good idea to turn to comforting and familiar techniques. For me, that involves doodling on dark cardstock using Sakura’s Pigma Micron Black, Gelly Roll White, and Pen-touch Gold pens to make postcards!

I thought I’d incorporate words on some of them, hence “Stay Well” came to mind. The more stressed I am the more detailed the doodles. Needless to say, I was feeling much better when I drew the center postcard, but was absolutely miserable when I worked through the one at the left. No lettering on the leafy mostly-white postcard to the right - I like the way it turned out.
Coloring the background with gold is my way of “Klimtify-ing” the cards.

What’s YOUR go-to comfort project? Don’t delay! Sanitizing the doorknobs can wait a little while and so can reorganizing the linen closet.

Actually, drawing on postcards and baking chocolate chip graham cracker brownies are tied for first place as mine. Fortunately, one of them has zero calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment