Sunday, January 26, 2020

Leftover Triangles by Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

I treated myself to an AccuCut die called Napkin Fold Cards in December and have been making a bunch of them. Each card includes triangles in two sizes and I always die cut lots of extras so I can mix and match the patterns and color combinations. Therefore: Lots of leftover triangles!

I thought it would be fun to design paper quilt blocks to glue into my Traveler’s Notebook. The photo above shows a 2-page spread with a pair of quilt blocks. The photo below shows three of them, hinged together vertically. They’ll go on another page in the notebook.
FYI: (For Your Inspiration) The remaining two photos show an array of Napkin Fold Cards. If anyone is interested in a class or in-store demo, I’d be happy to bring my die to The Queen’s Ink for a session. Please call during business hours - leave your name, phone and email info and if there is enough interest we’ll plan a session.

YOUR TURN:
  • Start with gel-printed, hand-painted, hand-stenciled or hand-stamped papers instead of printed sheets!
  • Turn triangles and squares into paper quilt blocks. 
  • Adhere to card fronts, pages in an art journal or traveler’s notebook.
  • Use a fine nib pen to add faux stitching lines.
  • Use a sewing machine to add actual stitched lines to the blocks prior to glueing them to a project or into a book. (Keep a separate sewing machine needle for use on paper only - don’t use the one you use for fabric, paper will dull it.)

SUPPLIES for PAPER QUILT BLOCKS:
  • Light or medium weight patterned papers or cardstock
  • Square and triangle dies in sizes of choice
  • Glue stick

FOR NAPKIN FOLD CARDS:
  • Lightweight patterned papers
  • AccuCut Napkin Fold Die
  • Glue stick

1 comment:

  1. Listen...

    What I'm going to tell you may sound really creepy, and maybe even a little "supernatural"

    WHAT if you could just hit "Play" to listen to a short, "miracle tone"...

    And INSTANTLY attract MORE MONEY into your life??

    I'm talking about thousands... even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!

    Sound too EASY?? Think it's IMPOSSIBLE??

    Well, Let me tell you the news...

    Usually the most significant miracles life has to offer are the SIMPLEST!!

    Honestly, I'm going to provide you with PROOF by allowing you to listen to a REAL "miracle money-magnet tone" I developed...

    YOU just click "Play" and watch money coming right into your life... starting almost INSTANTLY...

    GO here now to PLAY this wonderful "Miracle Money-Magnet Tone" as my gift to you!!

    ReplyDelete