Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Mary Engelbreit Does It Again! By Judi Kauffman for The Queen’s Ink

I was so excited when I heard that RubberMoon was introducing a new line of rubber stamps by Mary Engelbreit! Needless to say, a bunch of them found their way into my shopping bag on my last trip to The Queen’s Ink and they are available in the web store in case you can’t shop in person.

My first project is a simple one: It’s a self portrait. I’m dozing in my easy chair, dreaming of blue birds while my little kittens cavort under foot. Oh, wait a minute...I don’t have any cats - I’ve got a poodle, and my hair is curly, not straight. And I usually dream about chocolate and being able to sing like Tina Turner. 
Back to the project: It’s not a self portrait, it’s a quick and easy card to send to friends of a certain age.
  1. Stamp on a soft flannel-finish cardstock in a dark color like blue or sepia rather than black. Compose the flat card as shown or as you prefer (perhaps you’d like your napping gal to be surrounded by bunnies instead of kittens, or perhaps those kittens are part of her dream and need to be leaping around overhead).
  2. Do a tiny bit of coloring with pencils. Use a light touch and minimal shading.
  3. Insert the card into a die-cut pocket cut from 2-sided patterned paper/cardstock, tuck the pocket into a regular envelope for mailing, or skip the pocket and envelope and send as a postcard.
  4. Optional: Instead of a flat rectangle, make a side-fold card so you have space for a note.
Tip: The “at my age” stamp is from my collection (River City Rubber Works/discontinued) but a similar sentiment can be hand-lettered, computer-generated, or stamped one letter at a time with a mini alphabet set.

Supplies:
  • Stamps by Mary Engelbreit (RubberMoon)
  • Ink in denim blue or color of choice
  • Colored pencils
  • Flannel-finish cardstock in pale blue and pale green or cardstock of choice
  • Patterned paper to coordinate with stamped card
  • Optional: Die-cut pocket (shown - AccuCut for GrandeMARK machine)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!!!!!! And I got a chuckle reading your self portrait evaluation. :D

    ReplyDelete